So you generated new leads from your target market analysis 和 your campaigns for attracting new customers, 现在你该如何管理这些新的领导呢? Inside Sales的研究 一项研究发表在 哈佛商业评论 显示55%的公司没有跟进新的销售情况, many times due to failure to return calls or to ask for contact information. How do you know how long it’s been since you last communicated with that potential client, 你如何知道你的营销是有效的, 你如何衡量有效的领导管理? Follow the 10 tips below for a few introductory measures to effectively manage leads in your business.
1. 谁是你的目标客户——你的销售团队知道吗? 对你的客户进行微调是至关重要的. Your marketing 和 sales team’s idea of your target customer should be the same, so sharing information with your team about your target is the first step, 这应该包括人口统计, 行为, 并引导来源信息(i.e. 领导从哪里来/营销努力或活动.)
2. 销售流程: Work with your sales team directly to determine what a lead is vs. a contact 和 be sure your marketing 和 sales teams are on the same page. 当引线进来时会发生什么? Delegate a sales person to respond to the different type of leads 和 most importantly, map out your sales cycle from marketing effort to follow up call, 销售密切, 进行后续调查. Develop consistency in sales methods, so you can review what techniques drive results. Remember to integrate leads that are not quite ready yet in your cycle, your sales team can determine the timeline to reengage leads that may be ready later.
When your sales team receives a lead assure it does not become convention to receive inconsistent or incomplete lead information. 制定一个传递引线的标准. Your marketing team should communicate the efforts that the prospect responded to beforeh和 和 most importantly should advise what product/service is of interest before sending the lead to sales. 开发电子邮件之类的项目, 调用脚本, 和 sales qualification templates to assure such information is complete; Docstoc
4. 决定你想从潜在客户那里收集什么信息: It’s overwhelming to ask for considerable amounts of information initially. If your main method of communication with your prospects is email, 然后继续问名字, 公司, 电子邮件地址, 和 which product/service the prospect would like more information about 和 how they heard about your business. Determine what information is absolutely crucial for you to know when responding to an inquiry.
5. 在你的工作中询问一致的信息: Once you have determined the information you would like to gather from prospects double check that the information you ask for coincides with your lead generation systems/customer relationship management (CRM) system, as it will make it much easier to pull the right information from your l和ing pages, 在线广告活动, 电子邮件或其他营销手段. 记住营销的一致性, 领导的产生和管理是关键, 否则你会发现自己在拿苹果和橘子作比较.
6. 分类你的领导: 第一个, check your marketing effort results regularly for new leads or invest in a lead generation system that sends you notifications. 然后，当你收到他们时，组织他们. 根据他们的行为对他们进行分类，这表示他们的兴趣. 例如, 需要什么信息, 什么/多少次链接被点击的电子邮件, 网页之类的东西. 然后, 作为联系人组织领导, 一个前景, 活跃的(温暖的)铅, 一个活跃的客户, 延伸引线等等.
Studies have shown that prospects often buy from the first person that reaches out to them. The referenced Inside Sales study shows that the best time to respond to a lead is within the first five minutes after generation, waiting even 10 minutes means you might be 10 times less likely to have success with this lead. For data from the study explaining the best days 和 times to make contact 点击这里.
8. 培养你的领导. 与那些还没有准备好购买的客户保持联系, over time you can develop a relationship with these leads that could turn into a sale. A great way to extend a relationship is to be a thought leader on best practices, 统计数据, research 和 the like for your industry or products/services to help customers make decisions. 在你的网站上包括你自己的白皮书或内容, email marketing 和 l和ing pages to keep your audience engaged 和 also position your business as a resource.
9. 更好地了解你的客户. Keep track of your learning 和 continuously tune your lead generation 和 marketing efforts. 在时间, this will help identify areas of improvement in your lead management techniques 和 areas of excellence. Once you have profiled your prospects you can group them accordingly to find out more about their interests or use previous information to target certain content or promotions to key groups, 将内容与适当的产品/服务相匹配. 也要确保密切跟踪你的营销努力, it is important to know what efforts did or did not work 和 the quality of leads generated by different efforts.
10. 工具: 我们加入了一些领导管理, CRM, mobile apps 和 social media monitoring platforms to help you with effectively managing leads.
Stay tuned for the next 10 tips for creative financing methods coming in May 和 remember the LA Regional SBDC is always ready to assist you with extra expertise at 1-866-588-SBDC.